An overview of Kubecon 2022.
Air Date: 11/22/2022
Support the SMC Journal. Buy Me A Coffee: https://bit.ly/smcjournalcoffee
Scott shares his thoughts on the KubeCon 2022 conference held in Detroit.
- Kubernetes adoption is faster than anyone imagined. It will become the standard for cloud deployed applications in the future.
- Kubernetes maturity is faster than expected. People are not just trying to figure out if they should do something, they are dealing with specific issues and need solutions. New vendors are stepping up to supply this.
- eBPF is gaining traction for monitoring and observability of cloud-native applications.. Cilium was making heads turn about using it to monitor resource utilization of pods running in a cluster.
- OpenTelemetry has some interesting things on the near horizon, luke RUM (Real User Monitor) telemetry:
- There was quite a bit of talk about Platform Engineering in relation to DevOps and the “Devops is Dead” booth made quite a conversation piece.
https://youtu.be/laqo-cjiL74 – at 24 minutes into the video you can see Paul Bruce from Tricentis asking a question of the panel. He mentions DevOps topologies.
This podcast is sponsored by Micro Focus and LoadRunner solutions. Performance matters. Did you know that LoadRunner solutions have the largest community of practitioners? Join the community at https://community.microfocus.com/adtd/b/sws-alm
Performance Engineering The LoadRunner Family Page:
Performance Playlist (YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlUdEXI83_XoQrAsCj2A92v5AmXqVfoIO
This episode is sponsored by PFLB. They are a provider of premier load and performance testing services for enterprises in all industries. They focus on robust methodology, tools, and experienced engineers. Since 2008, they have built a reputation for reliability worldwide. Boomq is their own innovative performance testing platform. They also consult around industry standard tools like JMeter, LoadRunner, Grafana, and more. https://pflb.us/
This podcast is sponsored by StormForge. The StormForge Platform focuses on AI-powered software designed to help DevOps teams release with confidence and IT leaders to realize the promise of cloud-native – faster innovation with higher quality, resiliency, scalability, and efficiency. https://stormforge.io